Thursday, November 18, 2021

The Day.....


"There is ice on the pond today." That's an old farm saying. It should be melted off by this afternoon. The wind does blow briskly giving us cold wind chills. 



I don't know the history of these painted pots but I have a collection of three. The red one was a star on my photo a day.  I like the rustic look. I know these pots are over 50 years old. Maybe they are older. I just potted up the red one and the white one. 



A junk shelf is a good place for my angel to sit upon during the winter. I took shots down stairs while I was potting up the two pots. 



The oldest son is 46 years old and his dinosaurs do like hanging around among the pottery. I really can't toss these guys.


A before photo before I planted it with aloe plants.  The root systems on aloe are so minimal so I had to stake one of them to get it to stay upright.

We were out early this morning as one of my doctors wanted to test my blood for various things.  It takes longer to drive up to the hospital than it took to have the blood drawn. We grabbed a egg McMuffin on the way home and I ate one in the car.. The technician asked if I had fasted 12 hours and I had but it is hard for a diabetic to do that.  It kind of messes up the cycles of life when you have to get out early to do that.

Resting for the rest of the day.  Thanks for stopping by today.


 


 


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your angel has a nice place to sit for the winter. Stay warm!

Val Ewing said...

Oh that fasting stinks! Thankfully my drive is short but the one for hubby is 90 miles. Eeeks!
Love where your angel sits.
Dinosaurs! My son is in his 40's and has tiny dinos all over his house.
Um, so do I!

Stay warm.