Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thursday's Thaw...


 The derecho took out a section of this burning bush a couple of summers ago. What that is still alive is not very robust but it does remind me of a burning bush.  I guess I should have replanted a new one and let it grow up enough so I can just cut this one down. 



I was out taking photos in the front yard and saw this stray hardy geranium.  I thought I had dug them all up but here was one putting out a partial bloom. 

 


After taking photos I found a spade and rescued this plant.  I later put it into a clay pot with brand new potting soil and I hope to make it bloom during the winter.  Geranium blooms are fun to see during a snow storm is going on outside. 



An inspiration has come that I will make this into a shelving unit.  My neighbor over and up the street in Woodward was throwing these things out because a tornado had destroyed the building. Judy is now gone and her husband had car repair shop. He ordered parts that came in these boxes.  The husband has been gone a long tie now.  I moved this box down to the new place knowing that I can make something out of this.  I have some loose pieces of the same kind of box that I can use for shelving. 



I did get the dahlias dug yesterday.  I found the job to be almost too much work for me but I did get them up and out of the ground.  I had to wash them off with a bucket of water as the clay-like soil did not want to fall off. I did view a video on the net that shows how to divide these.  I should have a lot of them to grow for next spring. 



I sometimes buy and plant cannas and then forget to dig them in the fall.  That happened last fall.  I thought of this one yesterday afternoon and just dug it.  Success will be getting it to grow next year. 

 


It was worth it to save it as here is a bloom on that plant earlier a few weeks ago.  With the hard freeze it is dead to the world now. 



Thanks for stopping in today. The sun keeps shifting to the right as the earth keeps tilting.  Soon I can not take a photo of the sun.

No comments: