Saturday, November 27, 2021

Saturday.....


 

An evening sky with great textures and colors were visible for a very short time.  I looked out through our slot window of our front door and I saw a reflection of the color on the glass of a picture. 

 


 I am sharing a stray photo I took while in my basement workshop taken a few days ago.  The collection is not going to be enlarged and yet I enjoy them. 



I discovered a new idea yesterday while watching a PBS cooking show.  The cook was setting up a Thanksgiving meal for a large group and she had ceramic tiles that she used for trivets.  I just happened to move dozens of these tile samples, given to me by a students mom who worked with them in her job. I plan to make a table top of them sometime but for now I have four of them in the kitchen to use for hot pots and trays. 


I spent some time outside this morning putting up lights in the front yard and also down the back deck stairs railing.  I ran out of the kind that I was using in the front yard and I am looking out for some more like them to complete the job.  I put white lights on the back deck railing and hope to get a photo of that to share. 

It has been a rough week losing two different people in my life.  A first cousin who suffered for a few years with dementia lost her battle.  She was 78 years old.  She had always wanted to have a boy and kept trying to have one. Six lovely daughters later she found that she had six son-in-laws instead.  She named each daughter with a T in the name.  Tammy was the first one born and by the last she had Tori. Life is always tough and Colleen lost her mother to TB when she was three years old.  A step mother with lots of patience did step in and raise the four children who lost their mom.  The step mom had three more children making it a family of seven.  Needless to say my cousin is leaving behind a very large family of children, grand children and great grand children.  Her husband Jack has been such a great husband to her the past few years keeping her in the home. 

The other loss is a blogger friend Mildred N. She was a close friend to both me and my wife.  I will think of her every time I buy peaches or honeycrisp apples. They were her favorites. When I first met her she was living in her late mother's home and taking care of the mom's dog.  Many dogs later and her large group of cats have been fun to watch. Blogger friends are just as close as relatives as we do get involved with each other's lives. Mildred's  husband suffered from a car accident while being a policeman.  She was so loyal to him and was his caretaker for years.  It is so great that I will see Mildred again in Heaven but there is a blank spot in my life when it comes to blogging. 

Thanks to the rest of you blogger friends for being there. 



2 comments:

Val Ewing said...

I'm sorry for your losses. And I understand it. I had a Flickr friend for years and suddenly we got an urgent message from her daughter in 2009. She had a mule and we had mules. Our friend was diagnosed with life ending cancer and would we come and get her mule and give it a home?
We did.

Connections through the internet are sort of the same as having Pen Pals when we were kids. True relationships do form.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So sorry to hear about Mildred, I knew she was in hospice care. So sorry for all your losses, they are tough ones. So thankful you keep on blogging:)