Sunday, November 7, 2021

Sunday, Sunday........


 The sun came up within three minutes of the same time as yesterday, it is just the clocks of man were changed. 


The clouds were illuminated causing great colors.  Soft colors against the harsh yellows of the sunrise.



I found another nail a couple of days ago.  It still had tar paper stuck to it from the removal of the old shingles.  I guess I need to keep looking down as I work in the yard.



I do small jobs each day.  I did get the zinnia patch cleared from the left side of this garden.  I still have my trash pile of stems in the back to deal with.  In the old days I could burn them  but instead I will probably smash and pack them in to bags. There are leftover yellow pear tomatoes all over the soil which will give me new plants for next  year. 



I worked at removing all the dead wood from this burning bush.  Sadly it looks really tortured now.  We should have planted another to get some growth on it and just removed it.  The derecho winds damaged parts of it and the two summers of drought were hard on it.  I don't know if I could get a new one planted this fall. Maybe I could hire a nursery to plant them as i  am not up to digging holes right now. I can't think of anybody nearby who could help me dig the hole.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

If you trim that Burning Bush back next spring you will get new growth. If it were mine I would trim it back to about two feet tall and see what happens:) Happy Dark days! :)