Thursday, July 16, 2020

A Daring Dove......



Walking the rail to get to the feeder is not so easy. The top of the rail is rounded and a lot of birds do slip off of it.


The dove did make it to the other end and reached the feeder.  A raccoon tore down the hanging feeder last evening. His weight was too much for it and it fell back onto the deck with a great sound.  I had to scare him off and I  brought the feeder inside.  I guess I get to bring it in each evening. I have newer seen coons in the neighborhood but w e are surrounded by timber as a building development.


I am running out of day so I will finish off with these Susans. They took a lot of days to finally unroll and bloom.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The dove is determined! Beautiful photos and I love the Susans.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Dove I like to hear them Coo:)

Rose said...

Doves are such a sweet bird...I always think of them as the bird of peace. My daughter has coons in her back yard...they have a few woods behind them, but are right off a 4 lane road that is never empty and bumper to bumper at certain times of day.