Sunday, July 19, 2020

Sunday Afternoon Mentions......

Tomato Island is what you get when you over plant the plot.  I grow them from seed so I planted all of my starts. My neighbors have four plants in the spot like this. It is unwise to have the so crowded but it is what it is. I even have a couple of volunteers that came up from last year. I think I have 14 steel posts in there to hold them up.

So the camera took a perfectlygood  shot of the wire cage. It is focused and the tomatoes are not. This will be my agricultural experiment for this season and I will see how they do. By next year  I will remember that I should go out and buy four plants and any volunteer tomato plantsget to stay.



The morning view is a plain one and those clouds did just go away without us getting any rain. We were cooler a little bit but the cool was 86 degrees F.




I found this at the old place on Friday. I will dig some of it and bring it home at some time. We use to go to a nursery north of where we lived when they had their yearly lily sale.  It was at an arboretum and the sale was during the times when they were blooming.

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I love the daylily. Yes, keep us up to date on your tomato experiment. We had thunder and dark clouds but then it cleared up. Thankfully, I watered very early this a.m.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You will have lots of tomatoes...you can start a tomato stand! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Mu husband would be so envious if your tomato crop as he really liked tomato sandwiches in the summer.