Friday, July 10, 2020

End of the Week......


A blurred yellow cone flower photo. It will may be more hardy next summer. It has been there for ta second year.


I have a lot of brown eyed Susans that just now are ready to open.  They got a drink of water tiis morning and they like me watering them.


A day lily out in the cupola garden. These are really nice blooms and I have another location where they are blooming.

Another day lily that grows next to the patio is blooming there too. I don't even know why I planted it there as the whole area is full of hosta. I laid pavers right up to it not really knowing it was a day  lily but it was strong and grew up with gusto.  It is going to have to spread back into the hosta as it isn't going anywhere against the patio.
This day lily continues to bloom regardless of the heat.  By the afternoon the sun bakes out the colors turning it brown.

I spread a bag of mulch  during the warm morning.  I also spread out some more zinnia plants to fill up my patch. I had to put more grass clippings on my tomatoes as I needed the wheel barrow to carry things down my hill. The more mulch the less water grass.

I am adding more sand to my cracks in the patio. It keeps settling in and I have to  replenish it.

It is afternoon now and we are   up to 91 degrees F.  Our grass is all going dormant. It seems to be predicted that we are moving into a  long hot spell.

Our friend who was in the hospital has been moved a nursing home. It is a tough thing for us as we can't visit here there too.  The move has confused her but she does call my wife even though she doesn't know where she is.

Everyone be safe out there and do take care.

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Heartbreaking news about your friend. That is sad that she is confused. I know she takes comfort in being able to talk with Della. Your flower photos are pretty. Just today, I bought two "hospital bed" pink coneflowers for a huge discount. Mostly, they just need to be dead-headed. It's been hot and dry here too. Prayers for you both and your friend.

The Furry Gnome said...

I never see yellow Coneflowers around here.

Far Side of Fifty said...

aww so sad about your friend. Many times after the elderly are mov3ed from one place to another they are confused for a bit...at least she still calls Della that is a good thing. Stay safe and cool!

Rose said...

Oh, my, these are pretty.