Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday's Finish......


The morning view is a mild beginning. The humidity is high and the heat is gradually warming. The sky to the most part is clear.


The dinner plate hibiscus survived the winter.  It has many buds and will be filled with more blooms in the next few days.

These are the surviving roses as the Japan beetles destroyed all the other blooms. The hit hard in large numbers.  I could not fine the correct spay for them but the Raid did take care of the quickly.


My field lily, ditch lily, got special treatment yesterday.  I have it in its own pot now with some of my best potting soil. It looks like it is going to finish blooming for me in spite of the rough move. If it blooms you will see the shots of it.




I survived a trip to the grocery store this morning.  I bought everything on the list.  I found some special sweet things that go well with coffee or even without coffee. It had been a week since I last was there. We are still hunkered down for now as large numbers still pop each day from identified numbers. Three hundred a day to five hundred a day is not not unusual.  Our county has the larges numbers.





Thanks for stopping by oday

4 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The lilies on the table are so cheerful. That's a pretty morning sky. We had a lot of Japanese Beetles too. The roses and hibiscus blooms are beautiful. Our store shelves are almost bare again. Meat is in good supply but canned goods are hard to find. I wish you both a pleasant weekend.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Pretty flowers. Numbers are climbing here as well. Stay safe!

Rose said...

Oh, that vase of lilies is so beautiful! I am so thankful where I have to shop that the numbers are low. Our county has only had 20 cases so far...and the other one I shop in has only had 24. It just a few weeks ago had its first case, but our country had some early on.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read that you and your wife are keeping safe. We also do a weekly grocery trip and the numbers here in NH have been lower than some other New England states and we are thankful for that news.