Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Susans.........


The front planter is filled with perennials. I planted one geraniium in there and it is not doing very well. I guess it may be too crowded. Some of the plants are being invasive so I may have to pull some out this fall.


I think these flowers are become a crowd.  I think I can dig out a third of them and sent them to the back of the property. Black-eyed Susan is always good to have.


I planted the big marigolds around by tomato island. I am loosing patience waiting for it to bloom.  I normally buy then in bloom when I plant them but these were seeds when I planted them.


The zinnias I also planted with seed and I too am impatient with these plants. I have watered them but that doesn't make much of effects like a real rain does to the plants. Last nights rain cause them grow many inches as that water sinks down in the once drought like soil. When I finally see some buds I will quit whining. The volunteer tomatoes are doing well there on the right.  One of them is a yellow pear tomato.

The one plant that seems to be doing well this summer is the water grass. It is big and thickk and I have to keep working at pulling it this year. The crowded tomatoes are not so thick that the grass doesn't get much light anymore.

I had questionss about my son attending a funeral on Monday.  It was an all masked requirement and a lot of the people just stood outside, distancing them selves.  In a lot of cases they don't have funerals and the have a family service at the grave only. Some people cancel all things and cremains can be buried later. When Andy returned from the funeral he showered and changed clothes. It was late enough that we met at the sun room before going to bed. Andy respectfully wore a mask for us and he left early morning. Iowa is not on a strict lock down but stores were closed and are now reopening. . Group meetings are size restricted. Our packing plants, 14 or more, are our sources of the disease with 500 or more identified at each plant. Our nursing homes are real problms A third of all our deaths come from the elderly in Nursing Homes. It isn't going well anywhere in the nation but the more rural areass are doing better.



Thanks for stopping in today.

4 comments:

Dolly said...

I just love the blackeyed Susans ! I think they're actually prettier and easier to manage than the Coreopsis (tickseed).

So sorry to hear of the large numbers near you. I AM very blessed to live in a very rural area. The number stayed at 2 for about 3 months, but now grows each day, as we have just reached 21 ! For us, that is monumental ! But God's got this, right ?

Bless you and yours !

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Susans are beautiful! I am sure your son did what he could to protect himself and you and Della:) Up here they are doing some drive through funerals and graveside services:)

Laurel Wood said...

Your black-eyed Susans are looking good. Our little patch of Susans got destroyed when the tree cutter dropped a tree on them. A few are coming back but they have not bloomed. Your marigolds look like they could flower any day now. I also can't wait to see your colorful zinnias.

Rose said...

Love those Black-eyed Susans!