Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Watchduck.....Goose.


Our utilities all set on the property line in back. My property has two boxes and the neighbor has just one. I display plastic Canadian geese and he now displays one of his decoys for decoration.


Yesterday's single bloom of this lily looked wimpy but today with the second bloom it has a good look.It is one that I moved from up north. It seemed pretty exciting when I first got it but now there are so more out there that are fancier.

I started to use the hose and really water the tomatoes. They really did respond to lots of water. The mulch made the patch look better. I know that they are planted too closely but it just packs them in tight and they are harder to pick.

I have finally finished the south edge of the patio.  They had been laying their loosely but today, this morning, I got out the spade and dug  dirt to make them fit tightly. I still have to decide I will put in the remaining ditch. If I p ut dirt there I will have grass wanting to spread onto the patio. I have the idea to dig a trough and line it with ground limestone and them put loose rock on top of itl

This has been a two summer project and  I am glad to have it there.

A new phlox plant that I planted last summer is still a little wimpy. It is doing ok but it is not strong like the old fashion phlox plants. I was surprised to see the day lily in the backgorund but when I plant will nilly that happens. I would like to move everything and reorganize the plants but I wouldn't know where to start. I have a lot of grass in some iris and I think I will have to dig them and spade up the whole area. 

It was 77 degrees F. when I went out to work.  I kept dodging inside between all the work to cool off with the birds down there. I drank water each time and then went out again. I transplanted zinnia plants again this morning will in rows of plants where the rabbits had nibbled off a few. The wire fencing is working to stop that now. 

Our heat continues with the late evenings being in the 90s.  It is mentioned that maybe we will get rain on Thursday.  I know most all of my blog friends are dealing with the heat.  Everyone be careful.  Thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your patio looks fantastic. We do not have underground utilities here in our small town. We have a wire running to the front corner of our home. Your tomatoes are looking good. I enjoy your different daylilies and phlox. It's a tedious job to transplant the zinnias, I bet. We have had an all day rain here. John had a prelim. appt. regarding his upcoming cataract surgery. He is also now out of the boot for the Achilles tendonitis. It has been nice not to have to water this afternoon.

Rose said...

Your patio looks good! And you have a nice garden. I must say 77° F sounds nice and cool! It has been being in the 90's all week and feeling like 105 according to the weather. I need to do so much and simply cannot take the heat.