Wednesday, July 15, 2020

After the Storm....


The sun was shining on the above clouds as the storm was filling in the whole sky. The glow in the hole looked better but I didn't get the shot taken soon enough.

It looks pretty harmless but then we eventually went to the basement as we ended up in line of the tornado.  A town just southwest of us had hurricane conditions as pictures show the trees looking like wind beaten palm trees. The lost many trees in the town and we ended up missing the worse of the wind. We had heavy rains and we were glad to get it. I did not have to water things today.





The knock out rose that I moved and planted in good soil is looking better. I am glad it is starting to revive.
>
I built a frame today for the painting of Ella. I had not done that for a while and I had to review the steps.  It is all together now and I need to do a little sanding.

We have been in the low 70s today but it promises that we will go back into the heat in the next few days. It is good to have at least one rainy day to cool and green up things. Thank you for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I am happy you received much needed rain but sorry about the bad storms that made you go to the basement. Your plants are doing very well. Maybe you can share the frame you made for Ella's painting.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have green tomatoes!!! Your Phlox is so pretty!

Rose said...

That daylily is gorgeous! Love that color. I have not checked on my tomatoes in a couple days...I am praying we all get some nice big juicy ones.