Sunday, July 5, 2020

Baby Birds.....


I am on a step stool and I can't get the camera up high enough to capture the baby birds. I will keep trying as I know robins do get so big that they almost fall out of the nest. Two adult robins keep flying in to feed them.

 The rabbits chose to make this into a rabbit salad.  I brought it up to the top of the stairs and the plants are coming back.  I had two blooms this morning.

The Asiatic lily is putting out lots of blooms. There are lots of buds so I will get some great colors for photos.

I can not fully explain the fireworks in our town but is is like the lilies exploding with color everywhere.  We were a state that banned fireworks for all of my life until last summer.

Now everyone can fire off things for a couple of hours on the fourth.  They actually have broken the rules as they have been shooting off things for two straight days. In our neighbo hood there are novices shooting off fireworks and then there are people who try to be  professional showoffs. It was like a war zone outside our house as the continuous blasts took place everywhere.  We could see 8 or more being shot off at one time while in our sun room or on our deck.  In our front yard their was a guy who shot off fireworks with 14 to 20 being fired continually. We walked out to our driveway and stood watching for such a ling time. After an hour or so of it we were getting bored, saturated, and we just went inside. I would never imagine in my lifetime to see such an amazing thing.




My zinnas are going to make it. Instead of thinning them I transplant the crowded one into another row. I finally made it to a nursery to buy the seed.


My final shot is one of a tomato plant with its first tomato setting on.  Most of the plants have at least one tomato this size on them.

It is a quiet afternoon and we are hot again today.  The whole week is going to be like that.  It is summer in Iowa now, hot night and day.  Thanks for stopping by today. Take care.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We didn't see fireworks here but we sure heard them down on the lake. Our tomato plant has some flowers finally!! Stay cool. hot and miserable here too:(

Laurel Wood said...

I watched the blue birds feed their young in our blue bird house today. I look forward to seeing your zinnias; they are such colorful flowers. We had one neighbor who really showed off with his fireworks. He was rather obnoxious and careless; really had us quite concerned. Your tomato plant looks nice. Like you, we are struggling with the heat currently.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We watched a lot of fireworks exploding on July 4 and none were official ones as those were cancelled. We had quite a show for over 2 hours as we sat outside and watched, but I didn’t take any photos. Hope you will stay cool with all the hot 🥵 weather.