Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Second Day of the Week...


Do not fear, it is now clear. I didn't get the jar cleaned as well as I should have. I am waiting to see if it makes a difference. I have not seen a bird, but they do feed in the evening. I will be watching.


It looked threatening but it didn't rain. It missed us but we are cooler today. I  was able to go out and mow the back yard.  The grass was shaggy and actually dormant in some of the areas.  The shade of the house gives me tall grass.


It was mixing it up with different formations showing up all over the sky. Eventually the sun did come out and we will have a normal summer day.




Our oldest son drove through Iowa Monday from the Chicago area to go to a friend's mother's funeral. It was an eight our trip for him.  When he returned he stopped in to our downstairs motel.  He got some needed sleep. He left this morning and is back home to his family now.  It was great to see him.  We sat out in the sun room and had a good visit.


It was nice to even up the heights of the grass. I didn't mow the front as it seems greener than most peoples' yard as my three trees in front shades the grass.

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

How nice that your son was able to visit. We are finally getting rain tonight. Your yard and flowers look so nice. I'm thankful it was a little cooler for you to mow.

Laurel Wood said...

p.s. My new hummingbird feeder has been up 2 days - I have not seen ANY hummingbirds anywhere since I put it out!!!

Rose said...

It is always fun to see our children, or grandchildren. We only have two daughters and one grandchild.

We had rain a couple times today...came a regular old fashioned storm just a bit ago. Quite a bit of thunder, etc. For the past two or three years, here at our house we have hardly had any thunder and lightning.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad that you were able to spend some time with your son, however briefly, and after a long and sad trip. I was surprised to read that he was able to attend services despite this pandemic. Also glad you did get some rain and cooler temps, Larry.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for a visit from a child...we know that is really special! It breaks up the motony of yard work and mowing:) The peach rose is ever so pretty!