Friday, August 7, 2020

Friday's Finality.......

The last bloom for the season.  It looks to be different red colors depending on the temps and weather. It is the best red color in early spring.  I should like to move a part of it to the opposite side of the garage. 

I like the mixture of these two kinds of flowers but I am concerned that the black-eyed Susans will crowed out the cone flower.


The knock out rose that I moved into a new location with real dirt around its roots is showing off now. 

The rose was not doing well with the bark soil that I had purchased it in. I guess I leaned my lesson that I need to exchange the soil it is planted in by the nursery.


I am having more blooms than I originally thought would be there. They didn't appear to be doing well but they are showing off with the ones that did bloom.


I worked at the old place today, trimming out small volunteer trees and weeds.  I had another truck full of things but I got exhausted and had to come home.  I had to dump the limbs and things at a town designated area and then returned to dig a couple of mature hosta plants.   I am going to keep planting more hostas as they are so easy to take care of the whole season. 


Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous flowers!

Rose said...

I love all the color...I keep thinking that I need to set hostas in two or three areas till the just take over the area.

Dolly said...

Ooh, how beautiful your flowers are, and I'm loving these in the last photo. My glads did strangely this year as well........growing ALL KINDS of skinny foliage and filling up an area so much that they hardly HAD ROOM for blooms, it seemed ! And only an odd one here and there has ventured out.
But I do think that the Coneflowers can hold their own against the Blackeyed Susans. I bought several colors a couple of years ago when you recommended them, and mine are quite prolific.........much more so than the Susans.
Thanks for the heads up on the Coneflowers . I have all colors, but the Susans still stand out among them !