Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday.......

 

The knock out roses are blooming again. It isn't a strong show compared to the spring first blooms. They are reacting to the lack of rain.


 

The next trimming for these will be a drastic cut back for them in the fall. This rose was almost dead when I bought the place three years ago and I watered it back to good health.

This is another successful moved rose from under and eave to out in the open. I didn't quite remember what color it was but now it has numerous buds and blooms of pink.

 

I put a lot of new commercial soil in the hole before planting this and it just took off with green leaves and buds. In my younger days I planted like my parents with just dig a hole and put it in the ground.  The amendment of good black dirt helps when you have clay in your soil. 

 

The rose we bought for our anniversary has put on a new set of blooms. We wanted a peace rose and this one is another company's  version of it.


 

The blooms change colors as the different blooms reach different stages of maturity. Pink, yellow, coral and fading to white is the different colors. 

 

 

The sedum is doing well. I had two of them here and I see that I must of lost one. It is Sunday and we both are under the weather. It is a good day to take a nap and rest and heal. I thanks you for stopping by todayl

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hope that you and your wife will be resting and feeling better soon, Larry. You deserve a day of rest after the recent stresses of the storm and heat. The roses are lovely, especially the anniversary one.

Laurel Wood said...

I enjoyed seeing your pretty flowers, especially the different colored roses on your anniversary plant. I will continue to pray for you both that you feel better soon.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your anniversary rose is a beauty...rest up and stay cool:)