Monday, August 10, 2020

Monday's Progress.....

 I took a lot of new photos of the hummers feeding.  I moved the feeder, while spilling sugar water down the front of my shirt, and the birds photos have improved. I am getting a lot of wars among them.  At least three at a time will circle and threaten each other.


I check for Japanese beetles twice a day.  I think I am winning as there was only two bugs yesterday. A single beetle can destroy the whole whole bloom in a short time. 


The late afternoon sun did hel to highlight the phlox. I see many butterflies out there from a distance but when I am out there I can't find a single one. This old fashion phlox came from the old place and it has really established itself in a couple of years. 


I am planning on mulching around all the plants in the cottage garden area.  I have the bag out there of mulch so I am really going to do it. It is so humid today but I may get some of it down this morning.


I am so glad that I did go ahead and plant the zinnias. It was almost too late but I am going to be glad that I tried. Those who follow me know that I whined about it all spring until I ventured out to a nursery to get some seed. 

 
I love how the informal shot can get a feeling of the area. I will bring this inside now so that we can see it closer. The glads surprised me by putting a lot of new stems of blooms in such a short time. I though I was going to have dud year on them but they are pulling through.

I thank you for stopping by today. I hope your day is a good one. Monday is a marching on day to get the week going.

4 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Storms in Wellman! It must have missed you guys. Great pics of the Hummers.

The Furry Gnome said...

I finally got a picture of a Hummongbird today too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Heard you might have had some storms. Your phlox is so pretty and those roses...so beautiful! Stay safe!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lucky you, Larry, to get such great shots of hummingbirds. Hope the storm damage to your old hope was not too severe.