Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Today's Visit.....

 I can't identify where this was. The winds tore trees up like that middle one, tearing everything from the trunks leaving sprouts of life at the top.

 

I have been on the roof getting two of these down.  They were bigger and heavier than i could imagine.  I used a hand saw to take off as many of the branches to lighten the load. 

 

 

The patio is covered with an ash tree. It is a good sized one that I planted it there probably 40 years ago.  My dad had identified it in a bunch of weeds along the stuff growing between the properties.  I dug it later and it has been a good tree. Some of it is still standing. My birdhouse that sits on a pole is gone.  I haven't been in the back yard as I can't get through the gate. 

It became so hot and humid that we didn't work very long today. Any progress is better than none. I know I will need a tree service to take out the big silver maple and all of its parts that are on the ground. It will be a long wait I am sure. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

So sorry you old house git hit so hard. Take it easy with the clean up:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you and your wife have done a lot of the work, Larry. I was wondering if it would have been safer to see if your homeowners insurance company would have helped with a payment so you could hire a tree firm to cleanup. Just saying.