Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday's Things...


The morning clouds were giving evidence  of our future weather.  I was going to go work at the old place and it was raining off and  on all day. I worked outside in the flower gardens for awhile before heading to Menards.  Then it rained after I returned.  It is much needed rain.


I applied a waterproof material on half of the deck yesterday. I was more than disgusted with it as it was a watery white product. I was frustrated because I bought it last fall and the guy who sold it to me didn't have the positive conviction of knowing what he was sold me.  Anyway, It is working and when things dry out I will apply the rest of it and put on a second coat every where. It is a water based product  so I guess I will give it the test. I really don't want to coat my deck every single year with a finish.

We are going to add one of these to our salad tonight. I hope more of them start to ripen.  I was going to water them today but the rain is doing its job.

I shared this on my other blog. It looks like it is a youngster developing feathers.  I have never seen anything like it. I think he will be a red banned bird on his neck.

The dark days of rain are not so easy to take but we do need rain. We  picked up our evening meal from Olive Garden last night. It is fun to pick it up and bring it home to eat. Living in the big city has its benefits.

I am still uncertain about this new format. I just keep plowing through and hope things get better.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you got some much needed rain, Larry, and hope that deck water proofing does work out well. We had applied a similar product at our VA home, but then switched to an all weather decking on the front porch, so no longer needed to repaint. The tomatoes look good. Not sure what type of young bird you saw, maybe a woodpecker? As noted in previous posts on my blog, I do not like the new blogger format and will keep using legacy blogger as long as possible.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute baby Hummer! He must be coming into some new feathers! We have a cedar deck out back,,,I should sand it all down and seal it...I just left it natural:)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Young hummers look like they were beat up when they molt! I have never seen one like that before. With the Trumpet Vines coming out, they are not draining my feeders like they did earlier this summer.
I'm still waiting for my first tomato to ripen up!