Saturday, August 15, 2020

Satlurday's Stuff......

 

Nathan and his wife cleaned up the backyard too. The   patio was covered with an ash tree that had split and fallen right there. You can see Nathan just starting on cutting up the back tree. 

 

 

A neighbor sent us a photo and it showed all of these branches were gone.  I yet to know who took them all away.  I know the city was suppose to do that. We were not able to go up to the house today but we were told that everything was cleared from our yard. I hope Nathan and his wife were taking a day off. I did send them a check to show our appreciation. 

Back home, I did cut some more glads to bring in to enjoy. Some of the older ones are still blooming at the tips of the stems and then I brought in more new stems. I have another stem of green glads yet to be brught inside.

 

 

This is growing all over my gardens. I don't remember having it before but it is a mess.  I think during my down time two months everything became invaded with weeds and I never really got control of it.  It grows long stems upward as tall as the tomatoes. I don't know what it is but I suppose I could look it up on the net.

Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you got some help cleaning up.

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful that your neighbors helped! It looked like a daunting task. Stay safe! And cool:)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yeah to having Nathan and his wife help out and clear away all those downed branches. Nice to read about good people helping in times of need and, of course, sure he appreciated your check and gratitude Larry. Not sure what that invasive weed is, but maybe pulling them out by the roots will help?