Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Glad Blooms.....




The glads seem to always be in a leaning mode as the put out their blooms up the stem.


So I keep taking phtos of the moon.  I won't go out anymore until there is a new moon. Usually I can't get the new moon shot as the houses on the hill are block the view.


It is an old painting with no cropping.  It was painted years ago by me at Paradise Beach  along the North Shore of Minnesota.I think it was a Indian Reservation area south of Grand Portage.  I miss our visit to the shore this summer.  We had not gone there for fifteen years and last summer we returned for a long awaited visit. We will go again but not until the vaccine is created and it works.


I need to bring these inside to take good photos. I can't control the background with the glads outside. I just noticed that the sunroom is in the back of the shot. The glad is a pure white one but the camera picks up a little yellow.


I am glad to see the dinner plate hibiscus doing so well. I didn't plan this arrangement was not planned but it seems to be a good one. The wagon wheels were placed there as a storage thing but I think they are placed there permanently.

I was rained out today of my job at the old place. I was going to cut and clear more unwanted growth up there but it seem to be raining up there.  I guess I am flexible and will stay home and mow part of the yard. I have a truck full of trimmed branches in the truck from yesterday's trim job.  I took out the limbs that were leaning into the street.  I also cut away all the hanging branches on the locust tree.  I can walk under it without branches hitting me in the face.

Hoovering at home but I may venture up our hill to the Ace Hardware. I will wear my mask and there won't be a crowd this morning. The corner of the hardware is where two people on a motorcycle were killed on Saturday. They actually hit a truck instead of what usually happens when vehicles hit them. It is big city life here in our town as murders are taking place north of us and big city stuff seems to be going on in our place.

Thanks for stopping by today. Stay safe.



3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Your painting is beautiful; I know it makes you both long to take another trip. Your glads are such pretty color combinations. Recently at a yard sale I saw some beautiful glads planted in the lady's yard. She had supports for the stems, but the glads were still too long for the supports and were leaning anyway! I love the photo of your flowers with the wagon wheels in the background. I wish you both a cheerful afternoon.

Rose said...

Your painting is beautiful. It was too cloudy to get pics of the moon here...and I did not think when at our daughters. Well, it rained the first night we were there anyway. But don't you wonder why we keep taking moon shots...I take one every time I get a chance and think of it. And will continue to do so. And it sounds like you do too...

That first pic of the glad is so corgeous.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Glads are beautiful! Good to hear you got rain...we may by the end of the day. A local couple did not survive motorcycle vs car last Sunday not too far from here...sad. Stay safe!