Monday, August 17, 2020

Hey Neighbor......

 

The communication line between me and Doug is mostly fragmented. He is a busy worker and we see each other at brief moments.  Talking through the slots happens a lot but it works. I always put tomatoes on the rail when there is extra.  I remember telling his wife that I got our tomatoes planted a month or so back. 

They are smaller this year and I  am sure it is because they are planted too close together.  I have thought about clipping some of the branches out of the bunch but that hasn't happened yet. I have to peer into the foliage and look for reddish colors to find the ones that are ready. 

This one is not small as it is a  volunteer beefsteak tomato.  I know they are tasting good as my wife is making sandwiches with them. 


I keep the gang downstairs on the patio table rather than clutter up the kitchen island. I did mow the back yard today.  It looks good to get it cut.


I was saddened to hear of one of my former students at the old place died. Mark had spent a lot of time using a tree saw and the work took his life. He was a youngster compared to me.  I knew the whole family that he was from and also his wife was a former student.  They have two girls, one of them married. It kind of made the whole hurricane a sad event worse than just all the property damage.  

Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Rose said...

So sad about your former student.

That shot of the morning glory blooms is beautiful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such sadness upon sadness. My sympathy to you. Nice of you to share with your neighbor!! Wish I was your neighbor! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The communication you described between you and your neighbor sounded like the Tim Allen show, Home Improvements, and the neighbor Mr Wilson. Sad news about your former student.