Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Middle....of...the...Week.


 Moss rose blooms even in the high temperatures. Coantainers with flowers are too easy to neglect giving them enough water.  It evaporates to fast.


My wife took a look at our flowers and it was hot.  We wa8ted to late in the morning to go out but we did survive it. The zinnias are just now looking good for the season.  I have had better years with the blooms but they look good in spite that I planted them late. 


They tend to grow in colors themes at different parts of the bed. You can see my blank spaces in the bed and it probably will fill in more as time goes by.  The zinnia shoots up one stem at first and then is puts out a set of four more stems from that. 

I know that I didn't mention that the volunteer tomatoes in here were all  pushed up against the east end of the bed by our hurricane winds. You can see in the photo the tomato vines hanging over the end fence. 


It has been a busy week already and we are only half through it. My wife and I survived a summer cold.  It did surprise us and it did worry ys that we had something worse but asprin and cold tablets really took care of it in three days. 

We are going to have sweet corn and chicken cooked on the grill tonight.  It will be hot out on the deck but it will taste so good.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I've never seen so many Zinnias as this year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Moss Roses and Zinnias all look great! Good to hear you are both feeling better!