Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sunday PM........


Volunteer tomatoes are the best as they know when to sprout up out of the ground and grow naturally with the season.  I just made that up.  Anyway, I can tell that they are the mortgage busters as the tomato is large and the right shape.




I saw at a garden and home show once where they incorporated the garden hose storage into the landscape design.  This is called lazy man's design.  I don't want to pull it all up the hill each time and it a little decorative.


The phlox seem to take a lot of time to mature.  They seem to take a long time to open its blooms. I have a lot of photos of this variety and it looked so wimpy but now it ia a bold set of flowers.

I have only a few blooms from my glads.  They didn't seem to do well this year.  It looks like I am going to have a couple stems of blooms. I have another planting of these away from the fence. That set of glads has a large rabbit that is enjoying some of the leaves.  I will have a couple of stalks of blooms over there too.

It is a lazy Sunday afternoon.  It looks nice outside but it did get warmed up after the noon hour. Large clouds keep floating by and they are fun to watch while in the sun room. The humming birds are flying around fighting over the feeder.  They are also eating from the large yellow blooms on the neighbors squash and cucumber vines. They have less problems in the vines as they can't see each other among the large vine leaves.

Stay safe out there. Thank you for stopping by today. 

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

The tomatoes are doing well for you. I love the phlox, glads and daylilies. I keep my hose where I can easily get to it also. It was a tiny bit cooler early this a.m. but it is in the 90's this afternoon. Hope you both have a pleasant night.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Phlox are so pretty and they smell so good too! Stay cool and safe! :)

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We have just ate our first "real" homegrown tomato all juicy and soft...nothing like them !
Pretty flowers Larry, your garden is doing very well.
Have a lovely week, and stay safe.
~Jo