Saturday, August 1, 2020

The Corn and the Moon......


It is almost a full moon. I never know how to crop the shots but sometime the movement of the camera decides that. Our tof three photos that I too only one captured the whole thing. I had to stand on the slanted down front yard and it is hard to get it to be steady.

When it is borderline, close to being a full moon, I sometimes wonder why I just don't wait for it that having it look partial. I did have to wait for a cloudless night and it may not be clear for the next few evenings.




Shucking corn is rewarding when you see corn looking like this.  In the old days as a kid we would shuck corn ant there would be all sizes of corn and some worms once in a while.
This hybrid variety aims to please and it really does.



We have had two meals with corn and I froze the rest.  I really like it on the cob and I easily found it easily on a corner of the street on my way home from the old place. A bakers dozen seems to be the policy for this company which is a farm south of our city.

My gift project from my former student of 15 years ago sits in a heap right now.  It is the wrong time of the season for me to work on it. I suppose I could do one drawer at a time on rainy days. I have found a restored one like this but the pulls are not quit like it. It is all walnut in front, top and sides. The joints are all in need of restoration.



It is a nice day today. I mowed the front of the yard yesterday and I will do the back today.  It has been a couple of weeks since I mowed it and it looks shaggy.  I am just glad that it is green.  We are in a partial drought so things can change to the good or to the bad pretty quickly. It is now August so anything can happen. Heat waves with severe storms are always a possibility.

Thanks for stopping by today. Stay safe and strong.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

We pay $5 a dozen up here, had our first batch this week. My freezer is full or else I would freeze some. That dresser is a beauty...yes it will be a long winter so best to line up projects now! Stay safe Hi to Della!

Rose said...

Nice moon shots. I cannot even hold still with a monopod. That CV irn looksdelicious.

Laurel Wood said...

Very nice moon photos. The corn is really good looking; you guys will enjoy what you froze later in the year. Late afternoon thunderstorms here.