Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Windy Wednesday.....


 A cloud formation that took place yesterday morning while I was blogging. The temperatures are really shifting and it cause a lot of interesting effects.



The grape hyacinth grows among the rocks. It wasn't planted there but it does get to stay there. It will die down in less than a month. 


The male house finch gets much redder whit it being mating season. They seem to be in the most part already paired up most of the time. I suppose a young male would have to attract a female to set up a new pair. 

They do come as pairs to the feeder. She doesn't have much red on her but eventually a little red will show on her side feathers. 


The hyacinths surprised me yesterday showing off with full open blooms.  Lots of time the weather takes them out and I never see them in this stage. The colors are great and they are surviving a beating in the cold wind this morning.


It was a chilly walk to the mailbox this morning. The 28 degrees F. is much colder with the winds blowing so hard. I didn't stick around to take many photos this morning. I hope to see it warming up soon but not really until the weekend is predicted.  

Thanks for stopping in today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Still cold here today. Your Grape Hyacinths are so pretty, I never had much luck with them:)