Friday, March 18, 2022

Birds and Stuff.....


 


 


 


 I get a lot of questions about my birdhouses.  The house you see here is sitting on its permanent platform.  It will never go outside for birds but it is an artistic sculpture. I like architecture and the creations of these are more like fine art than practical function. 


 

I have plans to do a display of houses on my deck as a garden decoration.  I will set up a planter or two among them and display them as a grouping at different heights.  I have some posts located and I will put some of the more practical looking houses on them.  I will spot them among blooming flowers and I am actually hoping no birds go into them.  I also have posts under our sun room and deck in which I could place houses on showing them up in a row.  I will display them just as creatively as I did when I took spare wood pieces and created the houses. 


The back side view of the house in the previous spot looks like this.  I finished it up yesterday and did get it water treated.  This is my tenth and last creation.  I have run out of wood.  I have other wood projects to do.  One idea is a headboard that is needed in one of our spare bedrooms.  I could buy one but building one would be more fun. 

We have had rain and snow today and it is almost finished.  We will warm up just enough to melt the new snow off of the ground.  We needed the rain and I was glad to hear it on the roof top last night. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Thanks for the explanation! I perfectly understand their use as visual art and decorations in the garden. What a brilliant use for them.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet some birds will want homes:) I like them all! One time I saw a garden bench with bird houses on each end :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Great Pic of the Starling. Sometimes, with just the right light, you can capture those great colors they have in their feathers. Not many people give them a second look.

Rose said...

I have thought I would like some birdhouses for decoration. Here they would be used bu house sparrows.