Friday, March 4, 2022

Last of the Week.....


 It is busy out there with the hanging feeder.  The starling is concerned about all of the activity.  



I miss being able to visit Minnesota and I miss seeing the loons.  It was rare to see them on Lake Superior but once in a while in a secluded bay they would be floating out there.  The call is so unique. I remember hearing them from the cabin we use to visit really at all times of the day and evening.


 

While taking shots of things in my cubbies, I take the photos and then dust the shelves. Old bottles are interesting.  They held valuable liquids to aid in many different ailments. Finding them tossed in a junk heap or under crawl spaces of old houses makes one curious of who would throw it there or how long has it been there.



 

 A painting I did long ago shows the Lake Superior shore line and Silver Bay, Minnesota.  The painting was donated for a fundraiser for a cancer victim a few years back.  Rarely but sometimes loons would show up on a quieter area like this. This is out of order but I can't figure out how to change it with the new blogging system.  Sometimes I can delete and sometimes I can not. Maddening.....



Junmping back in to the cubbie hole theme one can see a hand carved bird.  It was created to resemble a old  South American fine from a ruin.  Red clay with carved lines depict the feathers. 

The thumb that I hit with a hammer is better.  I am still limiting my self from doing any work with wood for a while.  I have some outside work I could do but it is too cold.  Thanks for checking in today.

 

4 comments:

Val Ewing said...

Love the bird photos! You have some interesting birds coming in.

I too love the loon call. I used to think they were lonely calls out on the lakes. I spent a lot of time as a kid in NW WI not far from the MN border.

I love old bottles too and used to collect them. Now in our tiny house I don't have as much room.

Have a great weekend. I hear we are going to get some rain and thunderstorms.

The Furry Gnome said...

I love the call of the Loons. I heard them on northern lakes and on canoe trips.

Rose said...

I like your painting. I wonder why blogger keeps changing. I just found something else had changed the other day. I don't know much about the html...but used to could go and look at it and find the image number of the picture I was using. Now I have no what I am looking at.

Oh, and that is how I delete or change where a pic is at...I highlight cut the html of the picture...if I want it gone it is done...if I want to move it, I insert it where I want it to be. Or that worked just a few days ago. I would not bet on it working now.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have some hungry birds there! We will be back to hear the Loons on the lake they usually come right around ice out mid April!