Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sunless Sunday....


 The weather is better today.  Tornadoes hit yesterday evening killing seven people in Iowa. Two of them were children.  We are safe here but we heard sirens for about an hour to warn us. There were multiple sites where the tornadoes hit and one tornado had multiple spouts. We received much needed rain and also lots of wind.  It is colder today. 

 


 On a lighter note, I finished making my sugar free Jello. Diabetic requirements mean to not eat sugar.  I have Jello as my treat to fill in the gaps.  I told my Doctor a while back that I am so frustrated at always being hungry. She said eat more protein.  Anyway, having not taken any photos for today, I decided to take sots of red today for my visual theme.  Its not birds or birdhouses, nor any flowering flowers.


With the idea of a red theme I immediately saw this machine.  I make one pot of coffee in the morning and then I lean on this guy the rest of the day.  I can also get hot water made through this to start the makings of oatmeal.  The water starts the cooking of instant oatmeal then I cook it for 36 more minutes. It is done.


The delicious apple is certainly red.  Did you know that the very first variety of Red Delicious was discovered in Winterset, Iowa many years ago>  This one has been dropped on the floor by me and you can see the bruise.


One can see red here with some glitter added to it. My wife uses it to hold calendar pages together.

 

 

Honey crisp apples are not so red but I did have it near my shooting area.  They are good to eat for a diabetic, sort of.  I only can eat half of it at a time.

 


 My Thanksgiving cactus is blooming again.  I am not sure why it is doing so but I like seeing them again.  It seems to bloom in sections per different times.

 


 The red oxalis is really red in color with the light shining through it.  This plant reminds me to the times to water as it droops when it is dry.

 

I will refrain from sharing the sight of the red raw steak that I am going to grill tonight for supper.  Since I started this blog and just now finished it, my Jello should be set ready for me to eat.  Thanks for stopping by today.  With all that is  wrongfully going on in the world right now, this is really a pitiful blog. Take care and thanks for stopping by today.



3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice bunch of red things:) Sorry to her about the bad weather, it is starting a bit early...your snow is gone...wow that is nice to see:)

Rose said...

That is a good idea to focus on something for your blog post. I worked at a small orchard, and before I left, we had cut almost all the red delicious apple trees down because they did not sell. They always reminded me of CHristmas when I would come in and they had them on the grader. Our parents always bought a bushel of them at Christmas.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The idea of focusing on a color or theme is a good one, Larry, and you certainly managed to find a lot of red things. Right now, my coffee cup is red and, in fact, all our coffee mugs are red! We just had sugar-free cherry and raspberry flavored Jellos last week for the similar reason you stated. But, we did add a topping of some canned whipped cream.