Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Rain, Rain, Please Stay....


 Activity includes dodging the rain and finding food to eat. The were two sets of house finches out working the sock feeder.


My tray is the present time water gauge.  I think we have had a lot more rain than the weather predictors are saying.  Now that the rain gauges for weather people are computerized I question how accurate that they are. 





My project for the last two days was to again repair our dining room chairs that were made in China. I had to engineer wooden panels to put in the seats so the cushions actually work rather than fall through a center hole.  I attached the panel under it and figured out a way to make it long lasting. The chairs really could head for the landfill  but I will keep working with them.  The finish on them is bad, blemished and poorly applied.  I guess it is a quick job to make things that look like chairs but they really are not well designed.  They were a good looking product that was just a mirage. 

Rainy day for most of the day and it is cold again.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Not as much rain here on this side of Iowa. BUt that could change tonight. Or tomorrow. I don't mind, I just don't want any snow.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We will be getting that same dreary rain later this week, Larry. Your new camera is producing some great closeups of the finches at the feeders. Sadly, it's so true that many products that may look good are, in fact, poorly made.

Val Ewing said...

Hope you can fix the chairs. Folks laughed at me. I have a thing for chairs. I pick up old ones at sales for about $5 and paint them or leave them as is. They don't match at my kitchen table, but they are bright and cheerful and made strong! I even have a colorful rocker on the porch.

Goes with that saying. They don't make them like they used to!