Sunday, October 30, 2022

Halloween Eve.....


 Ceramic old things, pottery from clay, cats from wood, all make up this still life on my basement shelf. The wooden spindle in the bowl is an old item from a house that was torn down.  I think it could have been a wooden door stop.



Tools needed to tape up grass and leaf bags, to cut off loose branches and to clip down Russian sage, all lay on the potters wheel seat ready for action.  Actually they have completed their function and I didn't know where else to lay them before I put them away.



Frost is showing on the roofs of three structures. The shed in the front is actually a plastic shed.  The kids play shed is behind that. The curve of the top of the fence is brought to you by myself and the neighbor on the north guy.  We have viewed that piece of fence not being trimmed off to a curve and it was a bunch of boards of different lengths sticking up and unfinished.  The rest of the fence of many sections had the curve.  I decided we would just help the guy finish it and he apparently was  not going to after two years.  I drew a line in chalk and cut them off while my partner held the top of the boards and lifted them away. My partner in crime thought that we didn't dare leave the cut off pieces on the other side. I am sure that the guy with all the sheds never even noticed it was done.  He is a nice guy but never finishes jobs that he starts. 

 


 The cactus continues to put out new blooms.  It seems early for it and yet I think it is within a few weeks as when it bloomed a year ago.

We will be handing out treats again tonight and it isn't so cold.  The serving of treat will last until I run out of candy. I actually bought lolipops to use if I do run out of them.  Last year I had to turn people away a half hour early and shut all the lights off.  It will be an interesting night.  Thanks for stopping by today.



1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Hope you had a good night! We don't get any trick or treaters in this rural part of WI.

I'm leaving my plants until spring when I will be looking for things to clean up and get outside!

Lots of work!