Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday's Things.....


 The morning sky is dramatic for a short while.  We were not so cold last night but we still have a cool day temp-wise. 



The hard freeze and the drought created this leaf color.  The shrub is still very much alive as the stems are turning a deep red color.  Red twig dogwood with variegated colored leaves. 



The decorative pear tree is changing to bright colors.  The top of the tree has dropped a lot of leaves so the red is spread all along the bottom of the tree.



I like the orange colors in this tree.  We are getting some good color on some of our trees but the drought has caused some of them not to turn. We had a rain the other day and the weather people told us we barely got an inch of rain.  They really didn't check my part of the state as I looked at my gauge while out rimming bushes and saw we had almost two inches.  No wonder our grass looks green again. 




I just made two new pots today.  I will have to wait for them all to dry before I fire a load.  Wet clay cracks and crumbles in a hot kiln.  It will be a long wait if I keep making them for the next warm days.  It is a good problem for me.  Thanks for stopping by today. 





No comments: