Monday, October 3, 2022

My Stab at a Blog......


 


 


 


 

I dug up an iris this morning that was being over shadowed by an old fashion rose bush.  I dug only half of it  but had enough rhizomes  to replant in three different locations.  I may have another to move but I was glad to get that one out of the shade. 

I cut off dead coneflower stems and other older plants out of my front garden bed.  I had a waste basket full of dead things and the flower bed looks so much better.  I started my trimming of the peonies today.  I only clipped off two of them and I can see it looked a lot better.  I will do a few everyday until they are all done and place the stems into the recycle bags.  I really am not ready to clear gardens but it is nice to start work on it.  I have glad bulbs that I can also dig and lay them out to dry before storage. 

It has been a pleasant day today. Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are getting a start on the Fall work! WE have just a few more days of nice weather then it is supposed to turn cold. I hope it warms up after that!