Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday's Things....


 An old planter that sat on our kitchen table when I was a kid back in the 1950's. I dug it out of the garage when I closed down my parents home, surprised to see it was still around.  I saw from old photos in my past that it did have an accident and I had to glue the head and one leg back onto the base. 



I ignore the cactus and water it rarely.  I was surprised to see that it was blooming. It is early this year but it does seem to bloom often for a few months. 



I needed more spaces in the window for plants.  I took some old table board pieces and cut them into a new stand.  The birds are also sharing the winodw and they can see over the tops of the flowers. I see in the photo that the birds have sprinkled seed on the cleaned floor already.  I love them so I just vacuum often.



I dug the hardy geranium and brought it in before it was killed in the freeze.  I am glad because I lost a planter of geraniums by not bringing them in time. 



The fragile begonia was brought in too to keep it alive.  I can keep it bloom for most of the winter if it gets enough light. 


I mowed the back yard today to smooth off the look.  It was shaggy and I am starting to get leaves that need to be mulched.  I will mow more as the maple  and red bud drops its leaves.  I worked on cleaning up more of the backyard getting things ready for winter.  We were warmer this morning but I still got chilled out there while I was mowing. The front yard did not need to be mowed and that is fine with me. I see the new mum that I bought and planted has been hit by the freeze.  I should have covered it.  I didn't get a picture of it so I may have to give you a view of it frost damaged.  

I have the three new trellis now to replace the old one that I cut up.  I am tempted to leave them in the box and assemble them on a cold winter day when I run out of things to do.  I am glad they are here but it seems silly putting them up just for the snow. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

You will have some beautiful plants in the Spring, it's good that you are able to over winter them indide your home.
Jo