Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunshine Day....


 I did bring some roses in during the frost threatened weather.  I should bring them in more often. These actually do have a good fragrance.



I had to refill the water on the roses as they were drinking up a lot of it. I tend to not watch the water level and then they do die on me.  



The seeds are almost full developed in this one.  It is a smaller one compared to the other taller one.



The neighbor guy was over to check out my cleaned siding on the house when he said that his wife wanted to grow sunflowers next year.  I looked at the seed head on this one and the birds have already destroyed most of it.  I could find some chunks of it still intact.  I grabbed him a chunk and myself also one.  They are almost dried out but we are putting them in jars getting them ready for next years planting. 



The frost destroyed the vines on these glories.  As you can see the flowers are not going to survive.  The area of the tomato patch was colder than the trellis next to the house.  There was some damage to flowers but the vine is still alive.



We are having a quiet Sunday with no plans.  It is cold right now but is suppose to warm up to 72° by middle afternoon.  The neighbor dogs sit in the sunshine on the deck to warm up as they don't really like the cold.  I saw a monarch this morning but I am sure it is wishing it had headed south sooner. 

Have a good day.  Thanks for stopping in today.

3 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

We had our first frost last night, my ferns survived the night on the covered porch. Your roses are spectacular, I can only imagine the fragrance.
Poor Morning Glory 😞
Jo

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your rose bouquet is quite lovely!! Morning glories don't like cold temperatures! They were sure pretty! Hope you are having a good Sunday:)

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice roses!