Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday's a Go......


 A male downy woodpecker showed up this morning for some suet. He stayed long enough that I could get way too many pictures. 



The female downy was at the feeder a few days ago. She is identified as the female because she does not have a red cap. 



This is my neighbors rose sitting next to my pink rose. It is a knock out rose that sits next to my pastel pink one in sharp contrast.  It is a good thing.


 

My pink rose keeps putting out a few blooms. It won't be long before the last of them as we keep getting colder. 


There were three panels of these dead vines.  I spent the morning taking a saw and cutting them into four pieces.  Once they were cut up I could pull off the vines from the latticed trellis.  I had a very large pile of dead vines which are now all bagged up for recycle.  I am glad that it is done.  It was such a mess.   I have new trellises ordered to replace these.  They will be a bright white set of three.  I may have to wait until spring to install them even  though I am eager to get them up. 

It was cold outside today as I worked but one just gets use to it as our side of the earth cools down.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like you won the vine war! Roundup might be a solution so it doesn't come back! Your roses are lovely! A bright spot in my day!

Val Ewing said...

Fighting vines like that is like having a personal little war!

Those roses are amazing.