Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Sun Comes Up......Again.


 The earth tilts and the sun shows up further to the right.  In a few more weeks it will be behind that house. 



It is fall and the backgound is full of yellow leaves.  The sparrow has learned to find seeds in the suet. 



The downy woodpecker also is digging for the good seeds. It is the male downy even though his red cap isn't showing in the photo.



I was out in the backyard this morning trimming back branches from an overgrown dogwood bush.  As I drug the branches to the top of the hill to put into the truck I could see the leaves fr om my neighbors.  The wind was strong for two days and everything blew around.  I had a straw hat sombrero in my yard that moved down the street.  I picked up a sample of the different kinds of leaves.

It was a sunny day today but it wasn't so warm.  I worked outside with a hooded parka and it was comfortable.  There isn't a cloud in the sky so it was continue sunshine.  Cutting branches was a lot of energy spent so I am taking the afternoon off.  

Thanks for stopping in today.

1 comment:

Val Ewing said...

Beautiful leaves. Just gorgeous. Wish we could keep them brilliant just like that all year.

I worked outside cutting burdock. It was chilly!