Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Windy Wednesday.....


 My neighbor guy loves to decorate for holidays. If they look like that they are going down hill it is because their house is on a hill.  The dragon is my favorite blow-up for the season.



As I start to take out my tomato plants I pick the last of the green ones and bring them inside. Some of them will not ripen and yet most of them will.  It is ironic that I am taking out my plants today and my brother who lives in Arizona is planting his for their winter growing season. He just put in four plants and they are all staked and ready to go.  



I have proceeded with the process of killing this vine.  I read about it in a garden magazine and they described it as a thug.  I have cut the roots with a power saw from behind  a few days ago and today I took a hedge clipper to start the removing of the vine.  It was hard work and will take a few days to get it all down. It was growing into our sun room heat/cool system and also wants to grow up a water spout ten feet high or more.  It was getting to be all stems on the trellis and leaves only at the top. I did not plant this one and I have tolerated the past couple of summers.  It spreads everywhere and I will be iighting for a few more years. 



When I get done clearing the tomato plants I will still have marigolds blooming.  I won't clear any flowers until the hard freeze takes them out. 



A few of these are still blooming inspite of the cold winds that we are having today. The wind has become really strong this afternoon and leaves are being blown down the street.  I am not ready for cold weather but it is what it is.  Thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like Hallowe'en!

Val Ewing said...

Is that a Trumpet Vine? I heard they are really hard to get rid of!

Halloween decorating is going on!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That vine looks like it could take over anything, Larry...perfect for Halloween!