Thursday, January 23, 2020

Thursday's Things......


I shoveled the deck and will wait for the temperatures to warm up some more.  It is 35 degrees F. outside right now so maybe I will see some melting.  I have the drive and sidewalks ready for some melting temperatures also. It would be fun to drag that grill out and grill a steak on it.


It is a railing maze with the stairs and deck railing visually overlap. I hope the birds can pick up more falling seed from the feeders falling now on the deck floor.


The sun room gives off a lot of light but the sky isn't showing much excitement.  It will be a warming day to 35 degrees F. but no sun will shine.


I have good news from the bonsai these past days.  I cut off a lot of large leaves from the shrub and still could cut some more from the stems.  The pruning needs to be perfected. The next photo shows the exciting sight of flowering buds.


I still have not specifically identified this plant but the berries or blooms help me to figure it out. The buds that I can now photograph proves that the trimming back of the larger leaves did help it make a growth spurt.

I see water dripping from melting snow on my deck railing so it will be a good day to have some of it to be gone.  Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Bonsai is so interesting! Looks like you are mastering it! We hope to melt a bit today also...dreary day here but warmer:)