Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday's Things.......

My trains use to be stored in boxes and I would bring them out for display around the Christmas tree.  Now that I built the shelving I have them on display year roung. I really enjoy the shelves and the trains do look good on it. The bigger sized train gets to sit on tracks which helps keep it righted with the other cars.


A blurred shot of anothe caboose at the opposite end of the one shelf. Red really is a great color for cabooses making them the most colorful rail car.


I shared my wife's smallest dolls the other day.  This is one of her tallest dolls weary a Victorian dress and hat. The last doll this size that I bought for my wife
was at a Kmart store which now closed.  I bought her some smaller ones for a while but they were specialized ones like Barbies who were looking like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

Today I ventured out into our back yard. I didn't have the best shoes for it and I did get my jeans wet. The snow was drifted back there and had a crust on it from one freezing rain last week. It was so nice to get outside back there.
I have hope that by Friday and Saturday that a lot of this will be going away.  We are suppose to get up to 36 degrees F. on Saturday.  I did shovel the stairs one time but I didn't get it done the past few days.

It is a quiet day outside today and we still just stay around freezing for our temperatures. It still feels cold out there but it isn't so cold as we had in the early part of the week.

Thanks for stopping by today.

5 comments:

Rose said...

If I could I would share our weather with you. It was above freezing...I could wear a flannel shirt over my t-shirt top and be warm enough. Sunday is supposed to be up to 50.

I like your trains...as for the doll...I look at her outfit and wonder how hard it is to make. Sometimes little stuff like that is almost harder than if it was in people size~

Far Side of Fifty said...

I bet you will melt fast this weekend! :)

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Temps have been in the 20's for the last three days. Cheryl and I are hoping for that warmer weather for the weekend. Fingers crossed we get to bike and run.

The Furry Gnome said...

Love those trains!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It's nice that you are able to see the trains on display, Larry, instead of keeping them in boxes. But, of course, this means you will have to dust the displays once in awhile :-(