Friday, September 25, 2020

A New One.....


 

It is not a sparrow. I looked out the window and there was a new young female cardinal sitting with the sparrows.


 I new right away when I saw the top feathers are still developing. I don't have a photo for proof but I did see an adult female cardinal a few hours later. 

 


A gardeners refuse can lay there for a day or two until I walk up the h ill to get a big trash bag. I am working on the trimming back of dead blooms and excess growth.  I finally got my fernleaf peony back into the ground.  I had to dig it out of its location for the men to build the new neighbor's fence. I had the roots sitting in a bucket over along the wall of the house. 

 

 

The moss rose is taking its last big bloom.  The greens are yellow because the days are shorter. I has done well after the tiriming by rabbits did give it a slow start.

Things have been busy around here but the day is going well. I wish you all to be well. Thanks for stopping today.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your Moss Roses look fallish! A baby Cardinal how great is that I am very jealous! :) Stay safe out there!