Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tuesday's Things.....

I was grateful to have a couple of monarchs in my back yard. A friend of my says they are migrating through her yard in a city near us. They feed ib a zunnia by leaving there wings closed. If I ever catch them on sedum the do open their wings


 

 

Our sunset last night was diffused with smoke. You can smell it and the whole day has been a filtered day. It is sad that the whole coast is burning. It is explained than some trees are so packed tightly together that it is a quick fire. 


My red clematis also is now blooming . The photo is not in perfect focus but the clematis is in big contrast to the white one I have in size and color.

 


My neighbor lady to the north says we didn't get so much rain.  I guess it was spotty and we were in a bad spot. I did sprinkle and rain for about five days. My yard was quick to dry out now and I will mow tomorrow.  I was at the old place today to meet the man who does the measuring for windows. I tried to go early and get some work done but that didn't happen.  Some people really lonely and I spent time listening with a neighbor. guy. I think that sometimes that is better just to give people your time when you can tell they are so needy. 

 

 

The phlox is still in a late bloom stage. They have been out for a long time this year.  Thank you for stopping by today.


3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

Nice of you to share a conversation with your neighbor who is lonely. I had a bag of paper back books I was going to donate to the thrift store in my car when I saw two ladies sharing lunch. I asked if they liked to read and did they want the books. They were thrilled. One was 80, the other 88. You captured some pretty photos of the butterfly. Your phlox has done so well this summer. Have a good night.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great Monarch photo!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your old neighbors must miss you! We have smoke high in the air...it is supposed to clear out tonight:)