Monday, September 21, 2020

Monarch Mania......


 Yes, I mulched some more today, trying to block out water grass and weeds. I returned to the store to buy four more.  In the middle of the work I was invaded by monarch butterflies. 

 

I was taking a break when I noticed fluttering wings of many butterflies. I have seen a migration a few  years back but it was great to see another. Six or more were all over the zinnia patch.  I ran to get my camera


 




My rest from working was snapping photos.  I had to stand still for along time as they flew around picking the best flower. At the end of the shoot, only one butterfly remained. I actually walked away. 

Thanks for stopping by today.




4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

How wonderful!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Spectacular !
I love seeing the Monarchs, when one lands on you it's magical :)
~Jo

Laurel Wood said...

Gorgeous!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

trying to capture those butters is a pain! There were flurries of them on the Kewash path and the best I can do is capture three at a time. Mostly blurry. The sliver moon was red last night! Very striking. My camera hates staking photos in the dark though.