Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sedum...


 The sedum is in bloom. It is not in full bloom yet as the little flowers have to open revealing more of a pink color. 



My wife's mother had dishes that looked like this. Our friend had this piece of it in her apartment which she had picked up at a thrift shop.  My wife has just a few pieces of it.  We use the sauce bowls of it every day.  Research says that they were premium gifts at movie theaters a  long time ago. My wife's grandmother lived a block off of the main street of Valley Junction. and there was a theater just about a block away.  Interpreting all the information says to me that the dishes originally were from the grandmother and handed down to my wife's mom.  It is fun to watch for the pieces out there in the shops.


I have  been kept inside for a long time and then when I went outside the camera shut down on me. The battery needed to be recharged. It is almost normal temps out there so I will go out and shoot more photos. 

It is nice that it has stopped raining. I hope our early fall is now going to be warm and dry. We recieved six inches or more of rain the past many days. Thanks for checking in today.

3 comments:

Laurel Wood said...

I am glad your rain stopped and you could get out to check on your plants. I have always loved sedum but do not have any now. I really like your zinnias. That's a pretty bowl in your wife's mother's pattern. I will be on the lookout too! One day recently, I found a piece of my grandma's china in a thrift store. Wishing you both a pleasant evening.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good that you got rain, we did too today. We had bowls and plates of that same design when I was growing up. I have a partial set that I used for awhile...it is such a pretty design! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

While I don't know about movie theaters giving chinaware, I do recall supermarkets doing it when I was growing up. I think our household dish set came from one. Did your neighbor's piece get added to your wife's collection and nice that it brought back memories. Yes, it's frustrating when a camera battery is dead so I usually try to have a spare charged, but sometimes that one is dead as well (sigh).