Wednesday, October 13, 2021

No Flowers on the Post Today.....


 We had rain for a very long time starting in the early morning.  I looked at my rain gauge and it read out that we had three inches of rain.  It was much needed. 



My unofficial rain gauge is my wash pan. That is the water that drops down from the deck above.  That means there is no specific accurate measuring taking place here.

 


 This gauge is the best.  I bought two different ones at the Ace Hardware and I really enjoy seeing what actually is the rainfall per event.

My newest project is to renew the life of this homemade lamp.  I made this in a shop class when I was 15 years old. It is made of cedar wood and I am bringing it back to life. 



A sneak peak of how the piece is cleaning up with steel wool and past wax.  I have some gluing of a couple of places that I will share later. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That's looking good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Must be an antique piece now! Looking good, we have rain also today:)