Sunday, October 24, 2021

Sunday's Shots and Things.....


 


 I wanted to repot this into better soil and a larger pot. Now I wonder if I should leave it well enough alone. 



As I tear up the tomato patch I will get more green tomatoes picked.  I don't always successfully get them to ripen inside but it is worth a try.  It is raining too much for me to work in the garden right now. 



I think glass is magical and collect a lot of different kinds of glass. The glass bowl on a stand is an old piece that was my mom's piece.  I remember seeing her sever potato salad in it as well as desserts that included fresh apples and marshmallows.  The pattern actually matches other pieces like bowls or goblet that I have. I remember a woman who was a neighbor who would make ginger cookies. Each cookies was imprinted with that star pattern from a glass that had that star bottom.  Funny to share that here lass name was Starr. Everyone called her Grandma Starr and she is buried in Cambridge, Minnesota. 



The continuous rains are taking out my yellow roses. The petals are scattering on the lawn.  We are getting a lot of rain.  I hope it helps to make up for all the loss of moisture from our drought. It is a dull gray day understandably so we will lay low at home all day.  Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That Christmas Cactus is looking good!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Christmas must be coming early! Such a pretty plant!