Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday....


 

A flock of house finches are migrating through today. The feeder was very busy for about a half of hour. They were hungry and were digging vigorously through the seed. 

 


 

During the early spring they come to the feeder as pairs but today there were a dozen of them at a time.



In the past few weeks this Thanksgiving cactus was starting to bud.  I was glad to see the blooms as it did not bloom so well last season.  I moved it for a short time to photograph it but then put it right back where it was sitting to not disturb its blooming. 


I have been partially lame in my left leg for a few weeks so  I haven't been out to look at the garden.  I am better so I did get out and pick new bouquets of zinnias and dahlias. Gardening, digging with a spade, is what caused me to be down for a while.



Cannas are taking a last bow before the freeze. My biggest problem with cannas is remembering to dig them up before a hard freeze.  I can bring them in over winter and put them out again in the spring..

Thanks for checking in today.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Pretty Canna bloom! I got 26 yellow pear tomatoes today...I did not pick them yesterday:)