Saturday, May 9, 2020

The Weekend......


An exciting find is two of my jack in the pulpit plants. They were tromped down by work men last year at this time.  The lily of the valley was not phased from the treatment. The pulpits were not showing up yet but I saw yesterday the beginning of new plants. I see that I lost nothing.


My wife was explaining to me that we need to keep our lens clean to get the best photos.  She was correct as this shot is all speckled with dust on the lens.


I don't have man of the wild violets on the property.  I am certain that I moved this here when I moved iris plants. It does become invasive so I may have to remove it. For now I am just going to enjoy the color.  At the old place, the whole orchard is covered with violets and I do mow them down in another month.

This may be opened by the end of the day. I will have to check it to be sure to catch it  blooming. I do have nine buds so I should catch them in bloom.

I need to go places and buy things but I will keep waiting.  The economy will be good when I can start buying things.  I need to catch up on the past months of spending.  We did get our check finally.  It just came in a common envelope that anyone could see that it was a check from the government.

I have a cake to bake today for Mother's Day.  We will have a good meal at home for the special day.  I hope everyone is doing good.  Thanks for stopping by today.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice to see your Jack in The Pulpit survived. I think mine froze out. Yeah for baking a cake! Your Peony is beautiful! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice thing you are doing, Larry, in baking a cake for your wife today. I hope that she has a wonderful day despite the current restrictions. We used to have so many wild violets growing in the yard when we lived in VA. I recently saw some on a walk in the local park and it was a welcome spring sign.

Thanks for all your comments on recent posts, all were much appreciated.