Friday, September 3, 2021

Friday's Finds......


  One or more rabbits chewed on these yuccas during the winter.  It took most of the summer for it to look good again. Maybe they could bloom next spring.



I am glad I figured out how to stake up the sunflower as the blooms are great to see.  I have never grown this kind of sunflower before but I do like it.  A blog friend planted four of this same kind and it really is impressive.




These flowers were grown from last years seed. I can see why I grabbed a couple of them to save for spring planting. 



Bartering is fun especially when we are not planning to do so.  I give the neighbors tomatoes all season.  I got a ring at the door yesterday morning.  Doug wanted to know if I wanted this set of shelves.  Yes, I had just mentioned that morning to my wife that I needed to build some shelves for all my paint, stains and sealer cans.  It fit perfectly and I am having fun filling it up with stuff.  Nails and screws go at the top in the narrow space. I also earlier got three shop lights from him which made my work area a better place. 

 


Angel dreamer is still hanging out on my potting bench area.  The wind didn't blow away even though lots of things did during the last storm. 



An early morning rain may keep my yard from being mowed.  I hope it warms up outside soon. Thanks for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Bartering for something that"s actually useful is even better!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That looks like a great shelf! Good for you!