Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Middle of the Week.....


 Yesterday I was able to get some shots of visiting hummingbirds.  I have seen some earlier but this is the first time that I was able to get photos.  I think they are migrating as there are three or four of them all at the same time.  

 


I described the rain as if it were a car wash as it blew water hard against our house. That wind caused all of my dahlias to be laying on the ground.  I have some steel posts that I had to pound into the ground to get them back up straight. 

 


 The rains really are helping to bring the dahlias back to full bloom.  This is the first year for me to ever grow dahlias.  I watch my mom grow them back when I was a kid but I will have to dig them this fall. 


The roses here are doing well in spite of the Japanese beetles.  I spray for them every day.  The rains are making them look great. 



We are cool this morning but it is promised that we will warm up this afternoon. It feels more like fall but when the sun comes out full it really is still summer. 


Thanks for checking in today.

 



1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

My Mom had a friend named Olivia who grew dinner plate dahlias...they were so fun to visit all the different colors...here were all staked...fence posts and rags to tie them up..