Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Spots on......


 The dipper was essential on the farm in the older days. Water was pumped from the wells and carried to be used for people, animals and plant watering.  My cousin recalls a story that she watched her sister drive a wagon load of milk cans filled with water to be used to water the milk cows. The  young girl at the wheel of the tractor lost control as it traveled down the hill with her mom in the back wagon. My cousin was young as she watched it all end with the tractor running into a pile of rocks and the load including her mom rolling forward. The cousin was too young to know that she shouldn't have laughed at the sight.

 


 

This dahlia has turned into a pom pom. All of the white flowers seem to want to face away from me. I like the spots of color on the petals. 



Our weather has been more fall-like so the roses are looking good. This one has grown larger and is full of blooms.



The rose was planted originally in the partial shade of the house and now that I have moved it out into the open sun it has really grown. 



The blooms keep coming.  They haven't matured enough for the birds to start feeding on them. 



I am moving slow today on this cloudy gray day.  I think that we will warm up later in the week and I hope we do see the sun again.  

Thanks for checking in today.


2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Your picture reminded me of the old dipper at my grandparents.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Water out of the dipper was the best! That is one beautiful Dahlia!